The practice of the pure Colon Detox dates back to the ancient Greece. The natural ways of colon cleansing gained popularity in the 1920s and 1930s. However, the pure way to detox the colon lost its fame when the theories behind it lost support, and hence, it fell out of favor. Recently, colon cleansing was reintroduced as the researchers found it extremely beneficial.
What is colon cleansing?
Colon cleansing consists of some alternative medical therapies that claim to remove the toxins from the colon and intestinal tract by the removing of any accumulation of the feces. There are no such side effects of colon cleansing but sometimes some may suffer from nausea, bloating, vomiting or cramping but no need get serious.
Benefits of colon cleansing
We are living in a toxic age. Everything around us is polluted, from air to the foods; we are taking additives, pesticides, and pollutions with breathing and eating. These toxic buildups can follow its toll on the colon and affect the digestive system negatively. This is when we need colon cleansing. The benefits of colon cleansing are:
- Improves digestion and prevents constipation
- Accelerates energy and concentration
- Helps in weight loss
- Supports the overall health of the colon
- Assists in detoxifying the body
Natural ways to detox the colon
In case, if you find yourself sluggish the best way to help yourself is detoxifying the colon. There are couples of natural ways to detoxify the colon, and those are:
- Using proper diet: The best way to start detoxifying the colon is by avoiding certain foods which can mainly cause problems. You need to start eliminating foods like white flour, white sugar, alcohol, coffee, etc. After this, you need to start eating the foods that will help you t detox your body. The foods that assist in detoxifying the body are broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and cabbage. You should also eat plenty of fibers like green veggies, apples, berries and brown rice. Do not forget to drink plenty of water every day.
- Using colon cleansing supplements: There are many colon cleansing supplements available in the market. It is always better to ask your doctor before taking any medications. Some medicines are not safe for you and can create serious health issues. You may use laxatives. The laxatives are products will stimulate the colon to work faster and empty its contents. You should be careful while taking this because if taken in high dose, it may cause nausea or vomiting. Again, you can take fiber supplements along with the fiber-rich foods. The fiber will bind the toxins and help the colon to excrete them. Lastly, consider taking magnesium. This is very helpful. Magnesium draws water into the colon and has a natural laxative effect. Take 300 to 600 mg each day but do not take more than 900mg.
- Natural and home treatments: using castor oil packs are ideal for the elimination and detoxification. You can also try enema.
These are the top three ways of detoxifying the colon for living a healthier and happier life.